Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Shack, the Hunk-of-Metal, the Queen Bee, and the Writer

This is the challenge house. I know, I know, it seems a bit on the small side, but I absolutely suck at building houses; and I really sick at building functional two-story houses, this is it.

Well, actually, this is it. I think it looks a lot better. Not only is it easy on the eyes, but it's actually pretty functional. Yay me!

Here is an aerial view of the house before I actually fixed up the backyard.

Here is an aerial view of the house after I fixed up the backyard.
In case you can't tell, there are four swings, a slide, a jungle gym, a trampoline, Gnub (or whatever it is) Set, a hot tub, and a pool for entertainment. Aside from the fact that this yard is lacking a garden and some decorations, I am actually very proud of it.

Now, let's tour of the inside of the house, shall we?

This is the living-room or den; however you would like to refer to it.

This is the dining area (ignore the dirty sink), which needs a lot of work if I plan on having (up to) eight people being able to dine here properly. Really, the only thing this little nook has going for it is the refrigerator and the oven.

Here, is the baby-making room. Of course, this is also the room where our Challenge Mom will be residing in order to replenish her energy from hard days' labor.

This the nursey, which is pretty self-explanatory.

And the bathroom (yes, I know, you should never start a sentence with "and"), which, once again, is pretty self-explanatory.

I know, the house needs a lot of work, but I'm afraid it only gets worse.  

This is Petey (the name just popped into my head a couple of seconds ago), our Challenge Mother's means of transportation. Believe it or not, even though it could be classified as a dinky hunk-of-metal, I have grown quite fond of it.

Here is Petey from the side.

Now, everyone, meet the Challenge Mom!

This is Shayda Buckley.
Shayda is an Arabic name meaning "admirable" and Buckley was the last name of the late guitarist, Jeff Buckley.
Even with this being the case, none of the Shadya's boys will be named Jeff. Why? Well, I used to have a crush on a boy named Jeff and he turned out to be the biggest jerk I've ever met in the life, but that is a totally different story!
Anyway, on to bigger and more important things:
Shayda a.k.a. Shaydi, is a brilliant (genius), family-oriented, flirt who is an amazing cook, and quite the charmer (schmoozer). Her favorites include Electronica, Sushi, and Lime-Green.


Me, on the other hand, my name is April a.k.a. Avril or (as my "lovebug" (haha) calls me) Avi, and I am the writing of Shaydi Buckley's 100 Baby Challenge. I consider myself to be a cowardly, family-oriented, virtuoso, and artistic hopeless romantic, but my favorites tend to vary, so we won't get into that.

I really hope that you will read and follow my blog, but more than that, I really hope that I have the patience to continue it and that you, my readers, will enjoy it!




♥ Avi

4 comments:

  1. I really love it :) I also followed :) Maybe you could check out my challenge?


    Chloe Hall x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is a late reply, but thank you; and I certainly will!

    <3 Avi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute intro :) !!!
    Shada is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Catherine!
    Aw! Thanks! I totally love her! :D

    ReplyDelete